I’m feeling great today. I woke up feeling refreshed after about an hour less sleep than I normally get. This is exceptionally rare for me. I like my sleep, and I typically like a lot of it.
I’m surprised I haven’t had any cooked food cravings. When I first went vegetarian, I had meat cravings semi-regularly for the first few months. Thankfully, the thought of it now makes me cringe. When I eat my regular diet of all vegetarian/mostly vegan meals, I sometimes crave bad-for-you food (french fries, bagels, ice cream…). But, since eating all raw, I’m not experiencing any of that. It’s a freeing feeling to be without such tiresome desires and to have my independence from artificial fare.
Although, after eating this Raw Lasagna today, I will definitely be craving more of it in the near future!
I’m not experiencing much hunger in between meals either. Jason still is, although he typically eats every other hour. He is describing the current feeling as “unsatisfied” when he normally feels “peckish.” He’s increased his water intake, and I’m making him meals with a bit more protein and fat to see if that helps.
This raw lasagna is amazing. Make it so you can have guilt-free cravings later.
makes 2 servings
1 medium zucchini
2-3 plum tomatoes (for layering)
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked 1 hour if not in oil)
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 clove garlic
1/4-1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4-1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4-1/2 tsp dried parsley
3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked 5-6 hours)
1/2 clove garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
Minced Walnut Sausage (optional)
1/2 cup raw walnuts (soaked 5-6 hours)
2 Tbsp nama shoyu (raw, unpasteurized soy sauce)
1/4-1/2 tsp dried sage
1/4-1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4-1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/4-1/2 tsp dried fennel
1/4-1/2 tsp dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut both ends off zucchini. Slice into thin long strips using a sharp knife or potato peeler. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Blend all sauce ingredients in food processor until pureed. Set aside.
- Process cheese ingredients in food processor until broken down. Cheese will not be completely smooth. Set aside.
- (Optional) Pulse sausage ingredients in food processor until just combined. Don’t over process; keep a course crumb texture.
- Assemble raw lasagna on individual plates. Begin with two zucchini slices side by side. Top with a layer of sauce, then a layer of cheese, and 2-3 slices of tomato. Repeat twice: zucchini-sauce-cheese-tomatoes, zucchini-sauce-cheese-tomatoes.
- (Optional) Sprinkle minced sausage on top.